Sample Cover Letter to USCIS For changing status from H1B to F1
MAY 1, XXXX
USCIS XXXX Service Center
SUB: I-539, Application to Change Nonimmigrant Status from H-1B to F-1.
Applicant Name: XXXXXX
Current H-1B Petitioner: XXXXXX
I-20 Issued By: XXXX
I-20 Issued Date: XXXX
Dear Adjudicating Officer:
I am submitting Form I-539, Application to Change Nonimmigrant Status to change
my valid nonimmigrant status from H-1B to F-1.I have been employed with XXX Inc since 10/01/2010 based on my H-1B Approval Notice
WAC/EAC-05-000-00000. I have been accepted by ABC University
for Fall/Spring 2015 Session for XXX Course, anticipated to be completed on XX/XX/XXXX. I am seeking to change my status from H-1B to F-1 based on the I-20 issues by ABC University.
Please find enclosed the following with required fee of
$300/- for I-539:
Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status;
Evidencing Showing the applicants valid H-1B employment with XXX Inc:
- Copy of I-94, H1B Approval Notice and Passport
- Copy of Employment Verification Letter .
- Copy of 6 Most recent Pay stubs
- Copy of XXXX W-2 and Tax returns
- Documents supporting anticipated F-1 Status:
- Original and Endorsed I-20 issued by ABC University .
- Original Bank Statement showing funds
- Copies of previously issued I-20s .
- Copy of EAD
- Copies of Educational Documents
Kindly approve my Change of Status from H1B to F1