10 TIPS FOR DRIVING SAFELY IN THE U.S
• Drive on the right-hand side of the road.
• Always have your driver’s license and insurance card with you.
• Always wear your seat belt.
• Use proper seat belts and car safety seats for children.
• Use your car’s signals to show if you are turning left or right.
• Obey all traffic laws and signals.
• Pull over to the side of the road if an emergency vehicle—police car, fire truck, or ambulance— needs to pass you.
• Do not pass a school bus when its red lights are flashing.
• Do not drive if you have been drinking or taking drugs.
• Be very careful when driving in fog, ice, rain, or snow.
A driver’s license is used for identification in the United States. It’s a good idea to get one even if you don’t own a car. If you do not know how to drive, you can take driving lessons.