Procedure for H4 visa stamping outside USA
Fill online DS-160 form
Your spouse must fill a request for a non-immigrant U.S visa using the online DS-160 form.
Attend the Interview
H4 Visa Documents Checklist:
- Your spouse’s valid passport
- A copy of your passport and also your original passport
- A photograph of your spouse and yourself
- Confirmation page of the DS-160 form with bar code.
- Visa Fees receipt paid online.
- Copy of the principal applicant’s Employment letter from the employer sponsoring the former’s H-1B
- Copy of principal applicant’s form I-797
- A letter from the principal applicant’s H1B employer clearly stating the nature of relationship between the former and the employer
- Copies of the pay stubs from the principal applicant’s H1B employer
- Original marriage certificate
- Original birth certificates of children
- A wedding album with several pictures of the wedding showing the principal applicant and the spouse together .
- Marriage invitation cards
- Video of the marriage proceedings(optional)
- List of guests invited to the marriage(optional)
- A section of H4 visa holder will get an EAD and allowed to work in USA per the new H4 EAD rule if the Principal applicant has I140 approved or has completed Six years of H1B under AC21.
- A H4 visa holder is allowed to get a driving license and open and operate bank accounts.
- A H4 visa holder can enroll at a U.S university,
- Children having H4 visa do not need an F1 visa to study in U.S schools.