Steps by step procedure to apply for B1 B2 tourist visa USA
- Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form at the below link
- Pay the visa application fee.
If you are a first-time user, click New User and create a profile.The link is as below
- Choose the Schedule Appointment option. On the payment confirmation screen you will be presented with payment options and all details on how to initiate payment. It can take up to 2 business days from time of payment for your receipt to be activated.
Note1: You must schedule two appointments, one for the OFC and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
Step1: First schedule your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment. This appointment will allow you to go to one of the five OFC locations to have your fingerprints and photo taken. This appointment must be at least 1 day before your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
Step2: Second , schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
Schedule your appointment at : https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/
You will need Below information in order to schedule your appointment:
- Your passport number
- The date you paid your fee.
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
- For your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment, you will need to bring:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
- Your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Your appointment confirmation page.
- Following your visit to the OFC to have your photo and fingerprints taken, you will then visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. You will need to bring:
- A printed copy of your appointment letter,
- Your DS-160 confirmation page, one photograph taken within the last six months,
- Your current and all old passports, and the
- Original visa fee payment receipt.
Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
your fingerprints and photograph are taken at the OFC. This takes less than 20
At the gate of that OFC office, a security will check if you have Appointment letter, DS-160 and the passport. They will not allow you to take anything else and there is no option of any security locker facilities and so you need to definitely leave all the stuff in the hotel room/home, including mobiles and all electronic devices.
You will be called upon in one of the counters where they will scan the fingerprints of all our fingers(both hands) and also take a digital photograph. They will check the documents and passport as well.
After you get this done, you need to go for another appointment at the US consulate.
only passport, appointment letters, DS docs and supporting documents are allowed and no form of electronic devices are allowed. They will check all the documents and give you a token once you enter the premises. When your turn comes based on token and counter number you need to get to the counter with the documents.
There will be many counters in here and some officials will ask some basic questions. After this, you will be batched and sent to the main consulate office. Here again, the same token is valid and the same system prevails. When your turn comes, you will need to go to the respective counter. An US official will ask questions regarding job, family, work, company, purpose of visit, salary, duration of stay, and more
If approved the Visa officer will retain the Passport and tell you its approved. If not approved he will give your passport back saying its rejected try again.
Your passport can be collected at VFS document collection centres
Here again, there are certain rules that will surprise you.
You will get an email that your document is picked from the US Embassy.
You need to carry a Government Authorized Identity Proof with a photocopy to this place.
The office works on Monday to Friday from 10-4 PM ONLY.
You cannot carry laptops to this office. They will check and then only allow you inside and give you a token.
Then, based on the token number, you will be called and they will take note of your details like appointment letter copy and photo identity card.
They will then give you the passport sealed in envelope if they have received it from the courier service.
Apply for a B1 visa is very easy and you can do it yourself. Just follow the steps above and all should be well.