B2 Visitor visa interview questions 2015
- what is the purpose of going to the US?
Ans: To visit my son/daughter and also for tourism purposes
- Have you travelled to US before and if yes when?
Ans:provide valid and true answers , and also answer to the point.
- Who is going to sponsor your visit?
And:Say your son/daughter is going to sponser, if you are doing self sponsorship tell them the same.
- Do you have blood relatives in US?
And:If your son/daughter is present please tell the same. If your blood relative is also present tell them the truth. And answer to the point.
- Where will you stay in the US?
Ans: Give them the correct address along with State and City
- Where does your Son/daughter work?
And: Provide them the exact work location. Do not lie.And have there employee name and designation and supporting documents handy.
- How long has your son/daughter been in the US?
Ans:Tell the exact number of years
- Did your son/daughter study in USA? And also What visa are they on?
And:Tell the correct answer and also ensure you know what visa your son/daughter are on.
- Is your son/daughter married? Do they have children
And: Answer to the point.
- Is your daughter/daughter-in-law pregnant?
Ans:Give the correct answer
- Will your wife/husband accompany you on your trip?
Ans: Give the true Answer. “Yes, my wife/husband will accompany me
- When do you plan to travel?
Ans: We plan to travel in name of month
- Why do you want to travel at that time?
Ans: My son/daughter has arranged for leave from work during that period. They will be able to show us around then.” If the trip is in spring/summer, you can say “We want to visit during summer as the weather will be suitable for us and we have heard that everything is beautiful at that time of the year” If visiting in fall/winter, say “We want to visit at that time because we want to see the fall colors and snow
- What are you going to do in the US?
Ans: We are going to travel/visit the interesting places there like: (give some names of famous tourist spots) Disneyland, Niagara Falls, Washington D.C, Las Vegas and spend time with our son/daughter and son/daughter-inlaw
- What is the purpose of your trip?
Ans: We are going for pleasure and tourism, to see some of the interesting places in the US and to spend time with our son/daughter (and son/daughter-in-law)
- Have you booked your ticket? Do you have return air tickets, medical insurance etc.
Ans: Our son/daughter will arrange for that after our visa is approved.
- How much expense do you expect from this trip?
Ans: My son/daughter will be sponsoring this visit.
Never say that you can put up some/part/all of the money
- Have you been outside India before?
Ans:Give the right answer
- Is this your first visit to US?
- What places do you want to visit?
Ans: give names of interesting and famous U.S. tourist attractions like Disneyland, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls, Washington D.C etc
- How long will you stay in the US?
- Can’t you finish your visit earlier? Why do you want to stay for so long?
- What is the guarantee that you will come back?
Ans: I have family and property here in India, so I will definitely come back.” Give all the reasons. If you have other children and grandchildren in India definitely mention that. If you have a job or run a business, mention it. Definitely mention if there is someone who is dependent on you in India (like younger child or old parents etc.
- When did you last see your son/daughter?
Ans: We met out son/daughter when he/she/they last visited us .
- Where do you stay in India?
Ans:Give the correct answer as in Passport
- When did your son/daughter go to US?
Ans: My son/daughter went to US in month and year
- What work do you do and where?
- What is your job profile?
Ans: Give job details, responsibilities etc
- How much do you earn/ What is your annual income?
Ans: Carry financial documents to support your answers
- If you are working, you may be asked: Did you take leave?
Ans: “Yes, I have accumulated six months? leave over the past years.
- Your income is not enough to support international travel. What do you plan to do?
Ans: My son/daughter is sponsoring my visit. He/she will take care of all my expenses for this trip
- If you run a business, you may be asked: Who will look after your business in your absence?
Ans: I have arranged for ____person to take care of my business in my absence” OR “My partner will take care of it
- When did you retire?
Ans: Give the true answer. “I retired in month and year
- How much pension do you get?
Ans: Give the true answer.
- What assets/property do you have in India?
Ans: If you have property or immovable assets in India, do mention them during the interview – it will be seen as a reason to return
- Who will take care of your property in India while you are gone?
Ans: We have made arrangements with relatives/friends to take care of our property
- Can I see you Business/visiting card?
- Will you work in the US?
Ans: No, I am going for tourism and sightseeing.
- How many children do u have ? And where are they? What do they do? Are they married?
- What is your son/daughter’s birth date?
- When is your son/daughter’s wedding anniversary?
- Can you tell me your son/daughter’s contact details?
- Show me your documents OR Has your son/daughter sent any documents?