H1B Tranfer Process
What is an H1B Transfer ?
- This is a process of converting one’s H1-B work visa from one employer to another H1-B employer and involves various steps . This can be done only if the candidate has an existing H1-B petition with a current or past employer and is not a cap subject case.
Who are Eligible for a Visa transfer?
- Candidate who have a prior approved H1B are eligible for a transfer irrespective of their current visa status(L1,H4,B1&H1B).
- The H1B should have been approved by the candidates previous employer within the last 6 years to initiate a transfer with the new h1b Employer.
How does the Visa transfer process work ?
- Filing of LCA-Takes 7 business days
- H1B Transfer Application – USCIS-Submitting documentation to the USCIS (usually within one week)
- Receiving Receipt Number- USCIS will issue a receipt number
Documentation for H1B?
- One or two latest pay stubs
- Copy of your existing H1 approval
- Copies of your Passport
- Copies of I-94 records
- Copy of SSN
- Latest resume
- Copy of existing valid visa
- Copy of all your Diplomas/Degrees
- Depending on the priority of the process (regular or premium) the H1B visa would be approved anywhere between 15 business days for premium process and 60 to 90 days for regular processing.