H1B Transfer Procedure and Documents Requirement.
H1B Visa provides an option for an employee to switch work and work another employer, but to do so H1b visa should be transfer from the current employer to the new employer. Once an H1b holder gets a new job offer letter , their H1b can be transferred through the new employer who offered the job. Upon which the new employer will file an application to the USCIS for your H1 Transfer. The Procedure to be followed for the H1b Visa transfer and the documents required is as below:.
Documents Required for H1 Transfer process:
- three latest pay stubs of the employee from the previous employer (not required if H1B was never used and the transfer is applied outside USA)
- Copy of the employee’s recent H1b approval notice, form I-797
- Copy of all the pages of the employee’s passport that includes the Blank pages.
- A copy of I-94
- A copy of Social Security Card (SSN)
- Copy of the most recent visa Stamping
- Updated and most recent resume
- A copy of all previous and existing valid Visas
- A copy of all your educational qualifications .
- W-2’s and tax returns of all years
- A copy of work experience from previous employers and offer letter from current employer
Upon submission of H1b visa transfer application, the USCIS will normally take 3 to 8 weeks to approve the transfer. Premium processing can be applied at an additional cost and time line would be 15 days. If the process requires more information or documents then an RFE will be raised and could take more time depending upon the document requirement asked.