5 common mistakes people make when trying to lose weight
1) Eat fats – While fats from sources like nuts and seeds are healthy and definitely hold a place in a healthy diet, they are still very high in their fat content and calories. It is best to avoid them when trying to lose weight. You can get the same amount of nutrition from lower calorie foods like fruits and vegetables. Vegetables have the highest nutrition per calorie ratio.
2) Skip meals – You may be tempted to skip a meal to reach your weight loss goal quickly however it will starve your body of nutrition, slow down your metabolism and actually make it more difficult to lose weight.
3) Don’t exercise enough – Sufficient exercise is as important as food, you should exercise at least 30 minutes everyday, it doesn’t have to be the time spent in gym doing rigorous activity, it can be as simple as a 30 minute walk or jog. You can also walk while you talk over phone, just be innovative, if you have a treadmill you can place it in front of the television and instead of lying on the couch when watching you have have an enjoyable workout.
4) Not taking enough nutrition – Food is our only source of nutrition and while it is OK (actually great) to skip some types of foods like grains in the diet when trying to lose weight, it is equally important that you replace them with more nutritious foods like vegetables. The easiest and most feasible way to do this is to eat salads. You could also boil, steam or just munch on them raw!
5) Not having enough sleep – sleep recharges your mind and body and heals you, so it is very important you get at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep everyday. A sleep deprived body will only exhaust you the next day and you may succumb to unhealthy foods and eating habits to deal with the stress.