H1b Dropbox experience
I got my I-140 approved and H1 extended by 3 years. I got a H1B stamp in 2013. I still work for the same company and so qualified for dropbox.
Very important points I noticed:
– You don’t have to stand in line (at Team Stanley office) for dropbox or for passport collection.
– You will need two passport photos and not just one
– You can carry a cellphone – they will ask you to switch it off before you enter the office
– They took only these from me: passport, copy of I-797, two pics. Nothing else. Ofcourse, you will need to carry dropbox confirmation page and DS160 confirmation page. They will check these confirmation pages at the entrance. They will not allow you to enter without these confirmation pages.
– I also got a copy of I-129 and I-140 and took a big stack of applications and supporting documents. They did not look at any of that. But its better to carry everything.
– I dropped off the documents on Monday morning at 10 a.m. I collected my passport on Thursday morning 10 a.m. I got an email/sms on late Wednesday evening.
– If you are sending a representative to pickup your passport, make sure you give him all the documents – I saw many people being turned away because they did not have the authorization letter.
– Dropbox is hasle-free and easy but one advantage of in-person interview is that you will know immediately if you got your visa or if there are any problems. With dropbox, you will just have to wait and see what happens. Even if its over in 3 days, it can be very tensed 3 days.